Fine Artist. Painter
- Born 1992. Burren, Northern Ireland
- Lives and works in Dublin City.
As an environmentalist and citizen of the world my art is a method for conservation of the environments that surround and inspire me. Spending five months in the lush Malaysian jungle during extreme forest fires in Sumatra opened my eyes to the effect of air pollution and the ability I have as an artist to provoke conversation on the subject climate change.
The strength of immortalising our history and natural world through drawing, painting and print is an important and essential dimension to understanding and appreciating the everyday “mundane” atmosphere. I examine habitat and through methods of discovery and realisation, I want to break the boundaries of how locals regard their community. I am primarily interested in the natural world but also concerned by the lack of this fundamental fabric of human life being shared and translated into the urban settings, which make up the majority of modern society.
My activities as an artist revolve and evolve around observation and recording of the terrain I find myself and through radically changing the context in which we see that landscape through manipulation on the canvas. I focus on changing the organic narrative of the painting by disrupting the viewers’ preconceived ideals.
- 2014-15 MSc Digital Marketing, Michael Smurfit Business School, UCD Dublin, Ireland.
- 2011-14 BA(Hons) Fine Art, Manchester School of Art, England.
- 2012-13 ERASMUS Exchange, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.
- 2010-11 Art & Design Foundation Diploma, Manchester School of Art, England.
- The Palm House, Botanica Mansion, Balik Palau, Malaysia, December 2015.
- The Palm House, Prince of Wales Island International School, Penang, Malaysia, December 2015.
- Resilience, The Cardroom, Manchester, September 2014.
- AlwaysAlwaysLand, Manchester School of Art, June 2014
- Landscape Views, Link Gallery, Manchester, March 2014.
- Exposicio, Facultas de Bellas Artes, Pau Gargallo, Barcelona, April 2013.
- Exhibition, Exposicio, Ausstellung, Antwerp Mansion, Manchester, May 2013.
Artist in Residence
- Prince of Wales Island International School, Penang, Malaysia. August – December 2015.
- Shortlisted, Saatchi’s New Sensations 2014.
- Ken Billany Painting Prize, 2014.